Newborn:
Wow, what an amazing experience to have a child! I don't know why I was thinking that having a major abdominal surgery was no biggie...but boy was I wrong. In the first week or so, my new bff, besides my new bundle of joy, was Mr. Percocet. The couch was my new home and Jaimie was my go getter (I knew he secretly loved waiting on me hand and foot). Enough of my complaining...here is what Evan J was up to:
Born December 3rd, 2010 at 8:42 pm-after 8 hrs of pitocin, breaking my water, receiving an epidural, no progress and not tolerating labor, you arrived via C-section to a very drugged up mama and extremely proud, picture happy daddy.
You had a head full of dark hair.
You were very alert.
There was a parade of people waiting until midnight to meet you.
You were born into a wonderful and loving family!
This was our permanent spot for the first few weeks. You ate, slept and pooped-pretty much the good life.
With much help from the lactation clinic we got breastfeeding down!
And yes my name is on my mug over there....just in case I forgot who I was in the newness of being a mom...
After the first few weeks, we discovered that you were colicky :(
Every night we would walk around (like the picture above) and sing to whatever pandora mood I was in until I could get you to go to sleep.
But your colic didn't last long! We took you to Dr. Scharenberg, who is a chiropractor, and we came out a couple weeks later with a new baby! That is another story in itself.
One Month:
Just starting to get the hang of being parents....
You loved sitting in your bouncy/vibrating chair and liked to sit in your swing.
Bath time had become much more enjoyable now that we had a space heater on hand :)
You love your daddy!
Two months:
A lot happened between your first and second month! You had your first "real" smile and you started sleeping through the night!
You started smiling at about 5-6 weeks and it was pretty much the.best.thing.ever.
You especially love to smile at dad.
You also started sleeping through the night! We usually put you down about 11 and you wouldn't wake up until 7. That didn't last forever though.....
You and dad enjoying an unusually warm day in January.
Three months:
You are changing so fast we can hardly keep up!
You started "talking" to us and your fists, much to your surpise, are always there!
You love watching Baby Einstein (so does mom).
Stopped sleeping through the night, but that's ok! You started sleeping from 10-7 with a feeding around 4. Still not too shabby!
Goooooooo fists!!
First baby playdate!
Your four month birthday is coming up and I can hardly believe it! Your "swing nap" is coming to and end so I must stop here! More posts to come :)
No comments:
Post a Comment