After hiding behind his cradle, rocking it and occasionally putting his binkie back in his mouth for a good half hour, I finally gave in. Now I'm not too good at letting him "cry it out" yet, but I forsee that method in our NEAR future.
Three in the afternoon rolls around and still no nap. It was beautiufl today, besides the wonderful Kansas wind, so we decided to go for a walk/mom trying to jog. The walk was successful and he was still in a pretty good mood, so we took our first trip to Hobby Lobby. After much oo-ing and aww-ing from the crafty ladies, we headed home, for sure ready for a nap. Boy, was I wrong. If I would've made him stay down for this nap, the world for sure would have come to an end. So I put him in his swing thinking maybe he would fall asleep in there.....................NOT A CHANCE.
Evan decided he wanted to be held and wanted to scream/squeal/screach/gurgle in my ear. That is what made him happy. At this point, I had been spit up on and drooled on probably a billion times. I had decided to stop changing our clothes much earlier in the day. What was the point? I wanted to put him in the backyard with the dogs, but don't worry, I didn't. Instead, I called my mom and let her listen to him as she talked some sanity into me.
I decided to take Evan out on the porch...maybe some fresh air would do us both good. He LOVED it! Here is a video of him that totally changed my attitude. God's reminder to me that the day may not be perfect, but love is. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
To my dear sweet daughter, you have done many incredible things in your short life so far but I must say, being a mom is one of the best! You will have days like today, you will live through them and wake up each morning loving Evan more and more. You are an awesome mama and I am so proud of you! Evan is one lucky little boy! Love you, mama
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I LOVED the video! And BOY have I had days like that one! Keep up the good work little mama! You're such a natural at this and it's so great to see God working in your life!
ReplyDelete